A caring approach to dealing with a loved one’s affairs

Help with applying for Probate or a Letter of Administration.

Dealing with the paperwork after the death of a family member can be a daunting and bewildering prospect, with even simple estates creating a surprising amount of legal and financial correspondence. Most estates have to obtain a Grant of Probate, which will enable the Personal Representatives to access and deal with the deceased's bank and building society accounts and other investments along with any property they own.

Regardless of whether the deceased made a valid will or not, we can help ensure that property and assets are given to the right people either under the terms of the will or under the Intestacy provisions. Our wills and probate lawyers are available to give friendly advice on applying for probate or obtaining Letters of Administration, we can provide you with a fixed quote in most cases.

Are you an executor? Call on us for local, professional advice

If you have been named as an Executor in someone's Will you are legally responsible for any debts that arise, so it's a good idea to seek professional advice our staff are here to help you. We will explain what you need to do to complete the work yourself if that is your preferred option or you can ask us to undertake the necessary tasks for you.

Deed of Variation

A Deed of Variation alters the terms of the will or the person that has passed away. It can also be used to vary the Intestacy provisions where there is no will. It is often used to reduce Inheritance Tax or to redirect a legacy or share of an estate down the generations (say, to grandchildren) or others left out of a will. They are a strange concept but very useful, they can however only be used for a limited period after someone has passed away. Our Wills and Probate team are just a telephone call away.


Share by: